Elmira is a great place to call home. Hal Roach and Mark Twain did! In historic times, it was occupied by the Cayuga nation of the Iroquois Confederacy, also called the Kanawaholla. To the northwest is Harris Hill where pioneer pilots established the sport of gliding in America. Harris Hill is the site of the National Soaring Museum.
Whether you are visiting from out of town or you are new to the area, we would suggest adding the following destinations to your list of things to do. For more information, please visit:
- The Clemens Center Concert and Theater Center - www.clemenscenter.com
- The Arnot Art Museum - www.arnotartmuseum.org
- The Eldridge Park Carousel (the fastest carousel in the world) - eldridgepark.org
- Watkins Glen International - www.TheGlen.com
- Area Wine Trails - www.FingerLakesWineCountry.com
- Arts Festivals - www.CorningNYArtsandCrafts.com
- Finger Lakes Region - www.CorningFingerLakes.com
- Family Life (radio network & ministries) - www.FLN.org
- Texas Roadhouse - www.texasroadhouse.com
- Red Robin - redrobin.com
- Cracker Barrel - crackerbarrel.com
Grace Community Church is located about 12 miles away from the Elmira area.